We have put together some steps and videos together to help you learn how to tie a tie.
- Place the tie around the neck- holding the wider end in on hand and the narrower end in the other, ensuring that the wider end is slightly longer than the narrower end.
- Cross the wide end over the narrower end.
- Loop the wide end back underneath the narrow end
- Bring the wide end over the narrow end once again
- Loop to knot the tie
- Put the wide end through the loop in front and pull up the knot while pulling down the narrow end,
- Ensure that the narrow end does not protrude out longer than the wide end(it must always be behind the wide end and completely out of sight)
- Tuck the narrow end into the tie label positioned on the back of the tie(it normally has the manufacturers brand woven or printed on the label)
- Should the narrow end be too long for the tie and the wide end is at the correct length, which is just above the beltline, then it is possible to tuck the narrow end into ones shirt, out of sight.
- It must always be remembered that the wide end is the portion of the tie which should always be visible, the narrow end should never be visible.
Here are some videos to help you tie a tie:
Video credits: How to tie a tie
Video credits:Math Meeting
Read more about Vinuchi Ties here